Tuesdays, 6:30 P.M- Free Dinner
2771 Highway 94 East
You’ve undoubtedly heard the expression that "time heals all wounds." Unfortunately, it isn’t true. The truth is - time often makes things worse. Wounds that are left untended fester and spread infection throughout your entire body. Time only extends the pain if the problem isn’t dealt with. What we need is a biblical and balanced program to help people overcome their hurts, habits and hang-ups.
Celebrate Recovery is that program. Based on the actual words of Jesus from the powerful Sermon on the Mount rather than psychological theory, this openly Christ-centered recovery program is unique and effective in helping people change and grow towards Christ like maturity:
-This recovery program is based on God’s Word, the Bible.
-This recovery program is forward-looking.
-This recovery program emphasizes personal responsibility.
-This recovery program emphasizes spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ.
-This recovery program utilizes the biblical truth that we need each other in order to grow spiritually and emotionally.
-This recovery program addresses all types of habits, hurts and hang-ups.
-This recovery program produces lay ministers.
Celebrate Recovery’s Eight Recovery Principles:
1. Realize I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.
“Happy are those who know that they are spiritually poor.”
2. Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him and that He has the power to help me recover.
“Happy are those how mourn, for they shall be comforted.”
3. Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control.
“Happy are the meek.”
4. Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust.
“Happy are the pure in heart.”
5. Voluntarily submit to any and all changes God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
“Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.”
6. Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others when possible, except when to do so would harm them or others.
“Happy are the merciful.” “Happy are the peacemakers.”
7. Reserve a time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
8. Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and my words.
"Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires.”
What people are saying:
“CR helped me resolve hurts and guilt from my past which enabled me to have a more intimate relationship with the Lord. This newly acquired positive identity gave me the self esteem necessary to go to college and be successful. Truly CR is life changing.”
“The Celebrate Recovery program has added strength to the spiritual foundation of my recovery.”
"CR has thus far taught me that obedience is key, and that I need people, and much more importantly I actually need the Lord to live any kind of life worth living."
“I learned about Celebrate Recovery from the Hope Harbor show. I decided to go. I did not know a soul and faced my fears of walking into a church where I didn’t know anyone or even where the class was being offered. I live in Benton, but work in Paducah. Why am I telling you this? The reason is because this class has changed my life; I get off work, pick up my son, drive directly from Paducah to Murray so I can be fed by this class and get the support it offers in my life.”
“Celebrate Recovery has provided me with a core group of people that identify with my life controlling issues. Together we pray and share scriptures that help us seek victory through Jesus Christ.”
“Celebrate Recovery is a great program. I really appreciate being able to share my problems in a Christ-centered environment. Being a new Christian it helps me tremendously to be around other Christians who are going through hardships also and know that Jesus Christ is the answer.”